As if the pandemic and political unrest haven’t been enough to handle, hurricane season officially began June 1st. That’s right, hurricane season happens June through November every year. We are already receiving requests for roof repairs and replacements thanks to the Cristobol tropical storm.
Now is the time to ensure that your roof is in proper condition to protect you and your family from the fierce elements that will make landfall. Let us take one stressor away by allowing us to care for your roof while you care for your family.
See what our customer, Martha A., had to say about her experience:
“Last year during Hurricane Michael I had a tree fall on my house in Plantation Woods. I called several roofing companies but Apachee Roofing called me back the next day. They came and put a tarp over the gaping hole in my roof and gave me an excellent quote to replace my entire roof. They were prompt, very professional, and very easy to work with. I highly recommend them. ”
We’re here to help. Give us a call at 850-893-3470, or submit a request on our contact page.
The 2018 Hurricane Season began June 1. So far, so good!
We’ve had many summer storms, but we haven’t been affected by a hurricane or tropical storm yet. However, as Tallahasseans remember, we experienced significant hurricane events in both 2016 and 2017. Hermine and Irma were not kind to our city.
You may have noticed blue tarps on several roofs throughout town after the storm. When a hurricane causes extensive damage to a roof, the entire home can be impacted. Even small hurricanes can produce enough energy to detach the roof of your house from the frame and cause other serious damage.
Hurricane Season will last until November 30, 2018, And the national oceanic and atmospheric administration forecasts a 75 percent chance that the 2018 season will be near or above normal.
There is still time to protect your home by being roof ready for any potential storms that could affect our area.
Here are a couple tips from Apachee Roofing to help you prepare:
1. inspect your roof
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Consider contacting Apachee Roofing to analyze your roof before the season becomes even more active. This way, issues such as loose or missing shingles can be identified and remedied before a storm hits. Your home will be protected and secure during the disaster and you will avoid bigger issues like leaks that could severely damage your home.
2. Tree mitigatioN
Tallahassee is known for its beautiful treescape. Unfortunately, though, trees can be one of the most dangerous and damaging components of a storm or hurricane. When roots become over saturated, trees fall onto anything in their way. Or, a tree could be knocked down by wind or struck by lightning. Contact an Arborist or tree service to discuss what tree, limb or branch hazards are in your yard.
We at Apachee want our clients, friends, family and fellow community members to be safe in 2018 and ongoing! Please think ahead before the storm hits. As always, we’re here to provide recommendations, ideas, and solutions for your roof and your family’s safety.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Why should you use Renovate America?
It’s the most efficient way to better your home improvement experience. No matter how big the project, Renovate America is there to make sure it happens safely and to your satisfaction.
Here are ten reasons why we trust and recommend Renovate America to tackle any project!
- Multiple home improvements to choose from. Renovate America is committed to improving your home in several ways. You get guaranteed results when it comes to everything from heating and cooling, to windows and doors, to hurricane protection.
- Get the proper financing for your budget. When you partner with Renovate America to tackle your home improvement project, you get to choose from three financing options, depending on your needs. Whether you’re looking to conserve energy and money, upgrade to hurricane- prevention and solar technology, or if you really just don’t know what your budget allows for, the HERO Program and Benji Financing can help you reach your goals in the smartest way.
- Increase curb appeal. The way your home operates goes beyond just the inside. Upgrading your yard is not only a great way to lower costs and improve efficiency, but Renovate America’s expertise in landscaping can really help improve your home’s curb appeal.
- Find contractors instantly. There are contractors near you who are perfectly fit for the job you need. Renovate America can help you find the right person for your home improvement needs, right from their website.
- Interview several contractors. Before improvements begin, you can receive estimates from several different contractors. You’ll be comfortable proceeding knowing you chose the contractor that best fits your needs.
- Get your quote in writing. You’ll get every quote in writing, so you can compare it to quotes from multiple contractors and reference it whenever you need to.
- Ensured safety. You can be confident that every contractor you reach is dedicated to ensuring your home’s safety and durability, and follows Renovate America’s industry-leading consumer safeguards.
- Local References. The contractors in Renovate America’s network will be able to provide references from other homeowners just like you, who wanted to ensure that their home was in good hands.
- Commercial property financing. Renovate America offers PACE Financing, a 100% financing program with low, fixed rates and extended terms to keep payments affordable.
- Outstanding customer support. Enjoy U.S.-based customer support seven days a week for all of your questions and concerns.
Contact Apachee to schedule an appointment today at 850-893-3470!
No, really, we mean it.
But beating that heat can cost you some big bucks on your next utility bill.
Oh…did you think we were talking about something else?
The summer months in Florida are great for swimming, exploring, and enjoying friends and family. Unfortunately, the high temperatures can be a significant financial strain due to near-constant air conditioning use. Here are some ways you can keep your cool:
- Close those blinds! Up to 30 percent of unwanted heat comes from your windows. Shades and curtains can lower your indoor temperature up to 20 degrees.
- Dehumidify both your house and yourself. A dehumidifier removes moisture from the air, which will leave you feeling dry and cool. Dress yourself in light, breathable fabrics such as cotton, and use the same strategy for your bedsheets.
- If you can’t handle the heat, don’t use the kitchen. You know that wave of heat bursting out of the oven when you’re just trying to retrieve the casserole? That can have an affect not only on your face but also on the internal temperature of the house. Opt instead for using an outside grill, microwave, or crockpot. If you’ve never tried caramelizing onions in the slow cooker, we need to have a talk.
- Get a big fan. No, not the kind who wants autographs and demands selfies from awkward angles. Grab that pedestal fan from the back of your closet and plug that bad boy in. Pro tip: place a few frozen water bottles in front of the fan for an ultra-chill experience.
- Make sure your ceiling fan is spinning in the right direction. At the base of your ceiling fan you will find a switch which changes the direction of the blades. Counter-clockwise forces air down and makes you feel cooler. Clockwise circulates the air through the room and does not blow directly on you or your guests.
- Unplug appliances that aren’t in use. You’ll reduce heat output and save money. Consider taking advantage of the heat and instead of using your clothes dryer, hang your laundry outside.
- Keep in mind, the first thing the sun reaches is your roof. It’s critical to have proper ventilation, like ridge vents and soffit vents, under the edge of your roof. Consider replacing your roof with a cooler colored one. Or for a less intensive fix, a flat roof can be sealed with a cooler sealant to help reflect the sun.
Stay cool this summer!