The 2018 Hurricane Season began June 1. So far, so good!
We’ve had many summer storms, but we haven’t been affected by a hurricane or tropical storm yet. However, as Tallahasseans remember, we experienced significant hurricane events in both 2016 and 2017. Hermine and Irma were not kind to our city.
You may have noticed blue tarps on several roofs throughout town after the storm. When a hurricane causes extensive damage to a roof, the entire home can be impacted. Even small hurricanes can produce enough energy to detach the roof of your house from the frame and cause other serious damage.
Hurricane Season will last until November 30, 2018, And the national oceanic and atmospheric administration forecasts a 75 percent chance that the 2018 season will be near or above normal.
There is still time to protect your home by being roof ready for any potential storms that could affect our area.
Here are a couple tips from Apachee Roofing to help you prepare:
1. inspect your roof
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Consider contacting Apachee Roofing to analyze your roof before the season becomes even more active. This way, issues such as loose or missing shingles can be identified and remedied before a storm hits. Your home will be protected and secure during the disaster and you will avoid bigger issues like leaks that could severely damage your home.
2. Tree mitigatioN
Tallahassee is known for its beautiful treescape. Unfortunately, though, trees can be one of the most dangerous and damaging components of a storm or hurricane. When roots become over saturated, trees fall onto anything in their way. Or, a tree could be knocked down by wind or struck by lightning. Contact an Arborist or tree service to discuss what tree, limb or branch hazards are in your yard.
We at Apachee want our clients, friends, family and fellow community members to be safe in 2018 and ongoing! Please think ahead before the storm hits. As always, we’re here to provide recommendations, ideas, and solutions for your roof and your family’s safety.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Why should you use Renovate America?
It’s the most efficient way to better your home improvement experience. No matter how big the project, Renovate America is there to make sure it happens safely and to your satisfaction.
Here are ten reasons why we trust and recommend Renovate America to tackle any project!
- Multiple home improvements to choose from. Renovate America is committed to improving your home in several ways. You get guaranteed results when it comes to everything from heating and cooling, to windows and doors, to hurricane protection.
- Get the proper financing for your budget. When you partner with Renovate America to tackle your home improvement project, you get to choose from three financing options, depending on your needs. Whether you’re looking to conserve energy and money, upgrade to hurricane- prevention and solar technology, or if you really just don’t know what your budget allows for, the HERO Program and Benji Financing can help you reach your goals in the smartest way.
- Increase curb appeal. The way your home operates goes beyond just the inside. Upgrading your yard is not only a great way to lower costs and improve efficiency, but Renovate America’s expertise in landscaping can really help improve your home’s curb appeal.
- Find contractors instantly. There are contractors near you who are perfectly fit for the job you need. Renovate America can help you find the right person for your home improvement needs, right from their website.
- Interview several contractors. Before improvements begin, you can receive estimates from several different contractors. You’ll be comfortable proceeding knowing you chose the contractor that best fits your needs.
- Get your quote in writing. You’ll get every quote in writing, so you can compare it to quotes from multiple contractors and reference it whenever you need to.
- Ensured safety. You can be confident that every contractor you reach is dedicated to ensuring your home’s safety and durability, and follows Renovate America’s industry-leading consumer safeguards.
- Local References. The contractors in Renovate America’s network will be able to provide references from other homeowners just like you, who wanted to ensure that their home was in good hands.
- Commercial property financing. Renovate America offers PACE Financing, a 100% financing program with low, fixed rates and extended terms to keep payments affordable.
- Outstanding customer support. Enjoy U.S.-based customer support seven days a week for all of your questions and concerns.
Contact Apachee to schedule an appointment today at 850-893-3470!
Roof leaks are not always easy to spot. Sometimes a leak could be present long before any damage is obvious.
These can result from flashings that have become loose, a segment of the roof becoming impaired or improperly installed shingles.
Here are a few things to look for:
- Stains running down the side of the wall can be a telltale sign of a roof leak. While the fix may be easy, finding the leak is often the most challenging part.
- Water spots on the ceiling could mean the roof is leaking, but not necessarily. These spots could be caused by condensation, plumbing, or windows. If the spots darken or grow when it rains, it is most likely a roof leak.
- When your gutters are suddenly filled with granules, it could be a sign your shingles are deteriorating and need to be replaced.
- If you notice your roof is suddenly missing shingles, you may have a pest problem. Nearby tree branches provide spry animals a chance to scurry across the roof and dislodge shingles, so trimming these branches back is a good idea.
Regular maintenance check-ups can prevent damage and costly repairs. Contact Apachee to schedule an appointment today at 850-893-3470!