Home » BLOG » Reasons to Choose a Metal Roof

Metal Roof

Reasons to Choose a Metal Roof

REASONS TO CHOOSE A METAL ROOF

Longevity A metal roof can last up to 70 years. Traditional asphalt roofing materials have an estimate life expectancy of 12-20 years.
Durability Some metal roofs can sustain wind gusts up to 140 miles per hour. They will also not corrode or crack, and may be impact resistant. Metal roofs do not need periodic maintenance that other roofing materials often require. However, they should be inspected periodically to make sure no repairs are required.
Safety Metal roofs will not spark and ignite into flames in the event of a wildfire or lightning strike.
Energy Efficiency Metal roofs reflect solar radiant heat, which can reduce cooling costs by 10-25%.
Environmentally friendly Metal roofs have 25-95% recycled content, but are also 100% recyclable at the end of their life as a roof. In contrast, most shingle tear-off waste ends up as part of the building-related waste stream – up to 20 billion pounds a year.
Weight (Comparing an area equal to 100 square feet)

• Tile: 750 pounds per square
  • Concrete Tile: 900 pounds per square
  • Metal Roofing: 50-150 pounds per square

Listen to Wayne McDaniel give his personal testimony on the benefits of metal roofs. Make sure to contact Apachee Roofing for any of your roofing needs, it’s what’s on top that counts!

11 comments

1. Right now my husband and I are looking to reroof our home. We want something that is more energy efficient as well as aesthetically appealing. As you said, metal roofs are a great option due to their ability to reflect heat and reduce cooling costs significantly.

2. Jade Brunet says:

Our shingles have been slowly falling off during the last few wind storms and we are looking to get our roof replaced soon. It is good to knwo that metal roofs can sustain wind gusts up to 140 miles per hour. Knowing that they will not corrode or crack is very helpful. I will talk to my husband about this roof material type. Thanks.

3. I didn’t realize that a metal roof could last up to 70 years! I’ve heard that metal roofs can be a little more expensive than normal shingles, but I’m sure it pays for itself seeing as how it outlasts a shingle roof by at least 50 years. This would be a good enough reason to me to switch to a metal roof in the future.

4. Ana Adams says:

Whether you’re putting a roof on a new home, or your existing roof requires a total makeover, there are many materials available. But no matter what roof style you have, metal roofs can be an attractive option because of their longevity, minimal maintenance, and energy efficiency. Thanks for going over the different reasons to choose a metal roof.

5. My sister recently bought a house and the roof is extremely old, so she is planning to replace it soon and is trying to decide what material she wants to use for the roof. You make a great point that metal roofs can last up to 70 years and this would make a metal roof cost-effective in the long run! Also, the fact that these roofs reflect heat and will reduce costs on my sister’s energy bill is a benefit that I will make sure to share with her because she is always looking for ways to save money.

6. My dad is planning to replace our roof because the current one was damaged by the hail storm. It was explained here that a metal roof can last up to seventy years. Furthermore, it’s recommended to hire professionals when considering using metal roofing.

7. Tim Yaotome says:

Knowing that one can recycle an entire metal roof after its lifespan reminded me of my aunt. She wants to have her roof made so that it would be able to last winter. Knowing this, I will be sure to recommend her to a contractor that will not only help her fix her roof but also know which replaced parts she can salvage for her crafting projects.

• seowizard says:

We are glad you found this information helpful! We would be happy to use our expertise to get your aunt her ideal roof. Have her contact us at 850.893.3470.

8. Kate Welling says:

I can’t believe that a metal roof can last up to 70 years! My current roofing is asphalt, which you said lasted about 12-20 years. My roof is looking pretty old, so I know that it has to get updated soon. I think that I am going to switch to metal roofing! It sounds like its really beneficial because of the recycled content and the longevity. I’ll start looking for a roofer to help me understand this process more!

9. Ellie Davis says:

I didn’t know that metal roofs could handle strong winds without corroding or cracking. My husband and I have a metal roof on our garage and I think we need to get it replaced. Hopefully, we can find the best roofers in our area to come and get a brand new metal roof on.

10. I had no idea that a metal roof can last up to 70 years! My husband and I are looking to remodel our home, and we want to make sure that we’re protected from leaks that are often formed during the rainy Winter and Fall seasons. We’ll have to find a roof installation service in our area with professionals that can use their skills and knowledge to get us a metal roof that will keep us warm and dry for years to come. Thanks for the information.